You probably know the feeling when it’s a rainy monday morning and you don’t have any energy to start the new week, after a busy weekend. Well, I have something that can help you to get more energy (except for doing sports and stuff); a power breakfast! Go to the store today, get all your stuff and try your power breakfast tomorrowmorning!
Banana Oatmeal. (source) _ For 1 person
Ingredients: 250ml of soy milk_ 25gram of oatmeal_ 1 banana_ 15gram of walnuts_ optional: honey
1. Boil the soya milk in a small pan.
2. Put the oatmeal inside and let it boil for 2 minutes. Cook on a low temperature.
3. Remove the pan from the fire and leave it to cool down for 5 minutes.
4. Optional: you can add honey for the taste.
5. Meanwhile, cut the banana into slices and chop the walnuts into small pieces.
6. Garnish the oatmeal with banana and walnuts and you’re finished!
Oatmeal Pancakes. (source) _ For 4 persons
Ingredients: 100ml of soy milk_ 75gram of oatmeal_ 1 egg_ 1 banana_ optional: blueberries or other fruits
1. Mash the banana and put all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mix everything.
3. Fry the pancakes.
4. Optional: add some blueberries or other fruits on top.
Apple Quinoa Gingerbread. (source) _ For one cake
Ingredients: 250gram quinoa_ 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon_ 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg_ 2 apples (peeled and chopped)_ 2 eggs_ 250ml of vanilla soy milk_ 80gram of chopped almonds_ optional: honey/maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°.
2. Mix the quinoa with the herbs. Pour everything into a baking dish with baking paper.
3. Sprinkle it with the chopped apple.
4. Mix the eggs, vanilla soy milk and the honey/maple syrup in a seperated bowl.
5. Pour the mixture over the apples and throw in the chopped almonds.
6. Put it one hour in the oven until it’s more or less solid.
7. Cool down, cover it and put it into the fridge.
In the morning you can cut off a piece, put it into the microwave and add some greek yoghurt for a delicious but healthy breakfast!
Apple Quinoa Gingerbread (source: thinkstock)
Ingredients: 50gram of oatmeal_ 100ml of greek yoghurt_ 15gram of walnuts_ half a hand of blueberries_ half a hand of raspberries_ optional: 1 tablespoon of honey
1. Put all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Mix everything together.
3. Put it in the fridge for one night and the next morning you have a delicious breakfast!